If you have been working on yourself for some time, you know self-confidence changes everything. Life seems to flow when you’re feeling good about you.
During a wave of self-confidence you tend to fall in love, get a raise, lose weight or have an amazing adventure.
I remember my last self-confidence bomb - I got a new job, my body was healthy and Matt and I went on lots of fabulous weekend trips. At every turn, good seemed to follow me. I did not have to chase life. My good chased me.
That is the key. A self-confidence bomb means you stop chasing life and simply do you.
Here are my secrets to a self-confidence bomb:
1. Turn your inner voice into your pal, your supporter, and your cheerleader. Positive affirmations can help you with this, but even just being more mindful of your thoughts and focusing your attention on the best ones can ignite your self-confidence.
2. Be good at something. Anything. Whether it is cooking. Fishing. Driving. Investing. Telling jokes. Whatever your talent is - let it shine. Own it. When you engage your mind, body and spirit in activities that you win at then you feel good. Feeling good is the foundation to self-confidence.
3. Live by your own standards. Know what you believe and hold it sacred. When you give up trying to keep up with everyone around you and start doing your own thing your self-confidence soars.
4. Look good. Update your wardrobe. Buy those kicks that make your heart flutter. Get your hair done. Caring for your physical appearance in a way that makes you happy - no matter what the latest trends are - restores your personal power and poise. Personal power + poise = self- confidence.
5. Mind your own business. Stop caring what everyone else thinks. When you focus your attention on taking care of yourself, you will find that you have very little time to worry about the stuff you cannot control. What your neighbor thinks about you is really none of your business anyway. Unburdening yourself in this way will pave the way for a self-confidence trip of a lifetime.
6. Give your worries to God. Completely. Surrendering your struggles to Spirit opens the door to heavenly problem solvers to come in and transform your life. Then all you have to do is sit back and say “thank you”. Gratitude is so sexy.
7. Trust your intuition. We all have it. Know your inner wisdom system is always honest, loving and on-point. Follow it. Your self-confidence increases when you start trusting that you know what you know for a divine reason.
8. Say you’re sorry and then move on. Lamenting over your mistakes makes you a sucker for feeling crummy. Forgiving yourself and letting go of the past gives you the opportunity to be in the present moment. Living in the moment, makes you sparkle with self-confidence.
9. Know there is always a solution and you always have the ability to figure it out. This knowing will calm your anxious mind. Silencing your what-if fears allows your self-confidence to be your guide.
10. Speak honestly and listen without judgment. If you fail at the first 9 secrets, ace this one. There is nothing more admired than an open heart and a compassionate mind. Be the humanitarian of the party and all the attention you receive will set your self-confidence free.