One of the meanings of style is a manner of doing something. The way you do something- your style, speaks volumes as to how much you love yourself.
Your clothes, shoes, haircut, undergarments and outerwear are all a statement to the Universe as to how much love and attention you think you deserve.
When you start to connect the dots between how you feel about yourself and the style that you rock, you will begin to discover the areas of your soul that needs healing.
Style has less to do with the shape of your body &
more to do with the shape of your soul.
Reverend Jen explains style beautifully in this written meditation:
"The outer adornment is our inner reflection."
- Rev. Jennifer Rogers of Inspirasoul
If all the world's a stage are you ready for your paparazzi close up? Every morning our lives and our bodies are a blank canvas with the possibility of being transformed into a masterpiece. We have the freedom to recreate ourselves anew with an outfit, the perfect accessories, and a shade of lipstick. We can choose to be Picasso in motion as we go about our daily errands or even as we luxuriate in our beds.
The ritual of adornment is a spiritual practice that is much deeper than just putting on clothes. Your style tells your story without saying a word. It reminds you of who you are and affirms where you're going. It can be the external catalyst that causes you to make internal changes.
The next time you're deciding what to wear ask yourself a few questions. How do you want and need to feel in order to thrive? What story do you want to tell? Which body part would you like to highlight? Choose your fashions according to your answers and remember that clothes are meant to be a celebration of who you are!
Here are some ways you can use style to heal your life:
1. Identify 3 areas of your body that you love. How can you better use your style to accentuate those areas?
2. What is your signature look? Why? Do you love your look or is it just something that you do? Is your look helping you get more of what you really want?
3. Based on who you are right now, create a vision board of your ideal signature style.
4. What is keeping you from looking as good as you would like to look right now? Weight, money & time are not soulful reasons. When you are ready to express the essence of your soul, all the resources you need will be available to you.
5. Stop waiting to style up your life! Again, weight, money & time have nothing to do with your personal style. It's really about self-worth & how much love and attention you think you deserve.