1. For a period of time, accept all social invitations.
2. Invite a coworker or a neighbor out for dinner, drinks or coffee.
3. Start attending a church or other spiritually-based gathering.
4. Join a Meet Up. (Go to meetup.com)
5. Make an effort to be friendly and talkative while running errands.
6. Pick up the phone to touch base with old friends instead of email or text messages.
7. Take an evening or weekend class.
9. Attend conferences, workshops and events.
10. Anytime that you leave the house, set the intention to attract kind, friendly people.
Just a note on the internet- While social networking is an excellent way to connect with people all over the world, it is not a substitute for forming real, face to face relationships. Let the internet be a tool, but do not rely on it as your only means of socializing. I know building a social life can be initially uncomfortable, so take your time. The important thing is that you are taking action in your search for love.