After years of personal heartbreak and working with clients in the midst of heartbreak, I have identified some of the signs that it maybe time to get a new boo:
- You just know. You intuitively know when its good and you intuitively know when it's not. Trust your intuition. Ask yourself what's wrong. Pray about it. Ask Spirit to show you an unyielding clear sign that it is time to move on.
- Communication is off. You go days without hearing from your partner. Phone calls aren't returned promptly. Your primary source of communication is text. I love technology, but if your relationship has become a string of text messages, tweets or emails, it may be time to jet. Know that your relationship is measured by time spent physically together.
- You don't feel comfortable asking them questions that matter. How do you feel about me? Where is this headed? Are we exclusive? For years we have been told that it's not okay to ask these questions. Well, I believe that's just foolish. If you share a pillow with someone, then you need to know where they are at emotionally.
- You feel anxious in the relationship. Relationship anxiety is sneaky. It has a way of tricking you into to thinking it's natural to feel unnerved. Sure we all get a little nervous. Love makes us vulnerable. However, if you can't be who you really are or you feel you have to hide apart of yourself from your partner, then it may time to ask yourself "Is it really worth it?".
- You're not having fun. Simple, right? No. Yes, relationships are work- a constant negotiation between two people who really dig each other. On the other hand, if your relationship has become a tedious task you must do there is no glory or reward in enduring it.
- Unproductive fighting. Conflict is healthy. It is how two halves come together to figure out what will work for the whole. But if you're fighting disrespectfully no good can come of it. Hang up your gloves and say goodbye.