Are things feeling a little wonky in your life? Have you recently experienced any of the following: a crazy argument, the frustrations of miscommunication, car or transportation trouble or delays, difficulty explaining yourself, lost or broken electronics or are you just more irritable than normal?
Not to worry! Mercury is in retrograde. July 14, 2012-August 7, 2012, the planet Mercury goes backwards (or rather appears to go backwards). This happens roughly three times a year.
Mercury is the ruler of communication, clear thinking, truth and travel, so when it goes into retrograde we often experience challenges in these areas of our life. Spiritually, I don’t feel the planets are heckling us, but instead Mercury is reminding us of the need to slow down and reflect on our lives.
Here are some tips for Mercury in Retrograde:
· Laugh a lot. Try not to take any mishaps, arguments or timing issues personally. Know that everything is working out for highest good of all those involved (even if it doesn't seem that way at first).
· Do not attempt to start anything new now, but instead wrap up or revisit unfinished projects.
· Touch base with people you haven’t talked to in a while.
· Be cautious when signing contracts or buying big ticket items (car, home, expensive electronics). Read the fine print and the return policies.
· Ask a lot of questions to avoid miscommunication. Double check and recheck directions and written communication. Back-up your documents.
· Clean out the clutter. Donate, file, and throw away what you’re not using. Revitalize your space.
· Find ways to bring the love back into your life. What have you been neglecting?
Over the years, I've learned to not be afraid of Mercury in retrograde, but instead I use this time to practice having faith, slowing down, planning ahead and releasing my perfectionist tendencies. I hope you will feel inspired to do the same.